Laboratory or blood tests are formulated for the measurement of cells, substances, proteins and other elements found in the blood. It is very common to go to the doctor and routinely refer to these laboratories to detect changes in the body.
How is a blood test done?
The most used method is called venupuncture, which consists of inserting a syringe into the vein and extracting a little blood. Afterwards, this blood is transferred to a test tube for further analysis.
Although it is the most common way of doing blood labs, it is not without its detractors due to the fear of the needle in the body. However, the procedure is very fast and safe.
There are other forms of blood labs:
• Finger puncture. The fingertip is pricked. It is used in home kits, especially to determine blood glucose.
• Arterial blood. Although it is not the most common, in some cases the doctor can formulate this laboratory in blood to determine the levels of oxygen in the body.
• Puncture in the heel. As its name indicates, it is punctured in the heel to carry out the exams. It is used, especially, in newborns.
What can be detected with the blood laboratory?
The WHO Director General, Tedros Adharon Ghebreyesus, has stated the importance of laboratories: “Access to quality tests and laboratory services is like having a good radar system that takes you where you need to go. Without him, you walk blind.
That is why blood laboratories are very common because they allow primary detection of diseases:
• Helps monitor patients with diabetes and cholesterol.
• It is a fast method to scan diseases.
• Through blood labs, damage to the liver, thyroid, heart, and kidneys can be detected.
• Determine calcium and electrolyte levels.
• Diagnose if you suffer from hemorrhagic and hematologic diseases.
• Monitor the immune system.
In this way, we highlight the importance of being up to date with your blood laboratories. If you have not done them, at your next visit to your doctor, ask him to formulate these tests; They will be very useful!
2 thoughts on “Blood laboratories, their usefulness”
Muy buenas tardes, podrían informarme si en el laboratorio realizan la prueba de la tuberculosis, cuál es el costo y como es el procedimiento a seguir
Buenas Tardes Jorge, si realizamos pruebas de Tuberculosis. Para poder darle un costo final es necesario que un medico lo vea, la consulta inicial tiene un costo de $80, podría tener sus resultados. Desea agendar un cita.